Thursday, July 31, 2014

Monsoon

It has been raining off and on in my part of the world, mostly it is cloudy.  How is it at your end?

As a child, in large terrace of a old home in a small town of interior Karnataka, I found that the sky was most colourful & interesting during this season. I would watch the clouds, make up my own stories and imagine all the clouds to be some or other characters of my story. I loved to stare at the sky lying down on a mat on this terrace, until I was forced to run into the portico for protection from huge drops of rain.

As a teenager, new to Bangalore, happy making new friends, longing for old ones, learning to live away from home, enjoying the hostel and missing the home, I fell in love with "Bangalore" weather in monsoon - cloudy, chilly & light showers. It was sheer bliss to walk around in MG road, Brigade road & Commercials in this weather, with a cup of hot chocolate in hand or munching on the salted peanuts/ spicy puffed rice.

Yes, things have changed, some for bad & most for good. Though it is still a pleasure to watch the cloud, about to melt down in the sky & the meltdown it self, somewhere I have stopped, slowing down & enjoying it. Today I did slowdown & what I saw out of window was just beautiful...

Some moments before the meltdown today, as I saw out of my window...





 
 

8 comments:

Disha Mishra Dubey said...

Such lovely images.....full of colours :)

Laksh said...

Manasa,

Love the green foliage, the curtains, and the swing in the balcony. Isn't the bench from UL? It's beautiful and picture perfect ..feels like home.

padmamanasa said...

Thanks Disha!

padmamanasa said...

Thanks Lakshmi. Yes, the bench is from UL!

Unknown said...

Lovely images Manasa. I love the greenery, cushions and the bench.perfect for a chai session with friends. Enjoy the Monsoons :)

Vasudha Somayaji said...

Who wouldn't love to sit in that bench and see the rain..

Aparna said...

Yes indeed its a pleasure to slow down and watch the rain..even better if u do it from a home as lovely as yours :) Great pics as always.

Lakshmi -Celebrations said...

monsoon looka really pretty.the balcony corner is making me lull into sleep.

Followers